Today I worked far too hard on an OK button.
No bare with me.
Special thanks to TheSchnappi for their help with the button! I forgot to put them in the credits this build. Next one!
Attempting to get on mobile:
I saw a lot of people asking to play on their mobile devices. The game wasn't built for mobile (wasn't really built for web apparently either). So the only thing preventing people from playing on mobile was inputting a name and hitting enter. There was no keyboard that would come up, but the name randomization was there. So all that was needed was an OK button.
And that took far longer than I thought.
But the problem is that when I ran it on my phone it ran really badly. Even worse than my low expectations. Sorry mobile people, but it was really bad. But I did encounter the database error on it! So at least there was that.
But I'm going to put down this version for mobile down for now. I will keep looking around, but it's gone far down the list.
There were also some bug fixes and code optimizations, as well as another few megs shaved off.
Working around name entering allowed me to optimize a few things, and add in some easter eggs. I'll make a list once they fan out more.
But up next I'm going to be working on a scene selector. And then something I've been dying to do.